"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Knowing Einstein’s truth, the Wisdom Council holds that the wisdom of the Earth and Universe flows into every person, being, situation and experience. Through contemplative practice, we provide space for being fully present; and through deep and empathic listening, we open to the larger possibility of what wants to emerge through us. From our open minds, open hearts and open will, meaningful actions on personal, communal and spiritual levels come forth.
Our intention is to bring this grounded presence to our work as Conscious Elders and as the Conscious Elders Network.
Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other"
don't make any sense.
Some distinguishing characteristics of CEN’s Wisdom Council are:
- We integrate contemplative practices for individuals and groups to discover their own wisdom, purpose, and possibilities.
- We practice deep and empathic listening, encouraging all voices to be heard and contribute to new pathways of change and growth.
- We seek meaningful dialogue with others who hold beliefs that are different from our own. This allows us to shift from “me” to “we,” from us v. them.
- We create and hold sacred space for CEN social and environmental engagement.
- We, in partnership with other CEN actiion groups, co-create facilitated processes that transcend our old patterns of thinking to a new story of grounded and inspired activism.
- We develop courses and retreats that are guided by the insights of indigenous cultures, classical traditions, feminine principles, and science, while remaining curious and open toward an emergent wisdom new to humanity.
We come from a place of inquiry, exploring questions such as, “What does it mean to be a conscious elder, and how do we bring that elder-essence to our world?
Join us for Wisdom Council’s CEN Community Conversations (CCC)
Click here learn more about CCC's
For more information or to get involved with the Wisdom Council team,
please contact Carol Adams.
“Presencing is the technology of the future.” ~Otto Scharmer