CEN Educere* (CEN-EDU) is the Educational Branch of the Conscious Elders Network (CEN), dedicated to upholding the CEN’s mission to boldly confront the foreseen crises of 21st century life on planet Earth.
* Educere: Verb – to educate. Noun – education that prepares a new generation for the changes that are to come, readying them to create solutions to problems yet unknown.
Please join us for our CEN-EDU Team Meeting!
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
9 - 11:00 am PDT Noon - 2:00pm EDT
We invite you to become a member of Conscious Elders Network’s Re-Imagined Education Branch (CEN-EDU).
After a series of coaching circles to re-envision CEN-EDU, we have identified new ways that could deepen CEN-EDU and broaden its capacity for conscious awareness, eldering, and networking.
We’ve spent over six months in cyber circles harvesting ideas and are now ready to integrate them as we move forward. In order to support elders in ways to live resiliently, creatively, joyfully and purposefully in service to the WORLD, we return to our mission with fresh eyes.
We bring educational offerings that will allow us to deepen our understanding of our own consciousness, our relationships with other humans, and our interconnectedness with all of life.
At our April meeting, we will:
- Get to know each other.
- Determine our norms and shared values.
Get inspired as we explore this journey together.
Please familiarize yourselves with the following information:
CEN-EDU 2017 Accomplishments and 2018 Strategic Plan
- Purpose, Vision, and Mission of our Branch (below)
To explore ideas for an evolutionary purpose, we want to introduce you to Frederic Laloux:
- Frederic Laloux on Soulful Organizations, YouTube (7 min)
- Change Factory’s e-Book Summary of F. Laloux’s book Reinventing Organizations: Please read pages 25-30 on the three pillars of his work
- Self- Management: Changing the Organizational Structure; Collective Decision Making (25)
- Wholeness: Emotional; Intuitive, Rational, Spiritual; Drop the mask…safe place (26-28)
- Purpose: The organization is a living organism; “predict and control” no longer makes sense...sense and respond...called to manifest...come from humble place. Let’s dance with it. emergence (29)
Our Vision is to deepen and broaden our capacity for conscious awareness, contemporary eldering, and networking in support of lifelong learning and the practice of compassionate pro-activism for individuals, groups and the whole.
Our Mission is to connect an inspired and aspiring community of elders by providing relevant courses, retreats, materials, and trainings, both created within CEN or developed by aligned organizations outside of CEN.
This mission includes working with the Outer Action and Community-Building Branches to present knowledge and how-to courses relative to local actions we can each take to achieve greater social and ecological justice. It also includes expressing the results of these educational efforts and opportunities via CEN's Turning Point Journal, wise elder interviews, educational website content, book reviews and resource repositories.
The Education Branch has two major thrusts:
- Provide a growing curriculum of educational offerings that manifest our mission (Click HERE); and
- Encompass the CEN action groups and projects that have the overall purpose of educating in order to deepen our understanding of our own consciousness, our relationships with other humans, and our interconnectedness with all other elements of our Earth home (Click HERE).
Further detail on the scope of CEN-EDU, the questions we address, and how we work click HERE
The CEN-EDU team will start their meetings again after the first of the year. You can keep checking this webpage. We also heartily welcome new members, so if you would like to be on our mailing list please contact one of the team leaders: Pam Nichols, or Carol Adams