The Conscious Elders Network (CEN) is a growing group of elders who feel called to connect with each other, to deepen into our collective wisdom, and to respond to the needs of our time. This initial gathering of CEN's East Coast Community is designed to explore how our personal gifts and purposes at this life stage can create a collective social movement to care for the human and larger-than-human community of earth. Our hope is to continue to expand our personal and collective strength and deepen our compassion and commitment to create the world we want for ourselves and our children's children's children. It is our intention to leave this gathering a stronger network of powerful elders, committed to change and motivated to move forward...together.
During our weekend together...
• We explore what true "elderhood" means for us and for the world today.
• We take time to discover or deepen awareness and comitment to our personal calling to serve the world. We will use a continuous growth process which is a practical tool that you can return to time and time again.
• We weave our personal visions together via the World Café process. We discover new ways to collaboratively serve the world.
• We articulate the "soul of aging" as we immerse ourselves in the arts as exploration and expression (music, art, movement, poetry)
• We get down to business. We establish deliberate practices as indiviuals and as group(s) to begin TODAY.
Frost Valley YMCA is located 2-1/2 hrs. north of NYC in the heart of the Catskills. The cost for the weekend is $385, which includes lodging and meals; for commuters, the cost is $185. Accommodations at Frost Valley are double occupancy with shared bath facilities. Those preferring a private room may wish to contact Blue Hill Lodge in Claryville. There are also accommodations in Liberty, NY, about a half hour away. Frost Valley is happy to honor special dietary requests with prior notification; a community refrigerator is also available.
With great appreciation for your interest and commitment to our future generations, we look forward to meeting some of you for the first time and to working with all of you who step forward to offer your elder wisdom, time, talents, and energy to this undertaking!
There are two recommended readings in preparation for the gathering:
- The Great Work of Your Life: A Guide for the Journey to Your True Calling a book by Steven Cope
- Awakening Faith in an Alternative Future an article by Senge, P.; Scharmer, C.O.; Jaworski, J.; Flowers, B.S. 2004